13 February 2015

My Valentine's Day Book Picks

Love is in the air, so here are some books for you to read on Valentine's Day. And don't even bother pretending you have a date. We all know you're lying.


1. A Walk to Remember (Nicholas Sparks)

You've probably read this 12 times and seen the movie double that many. But it is still guaranteed to make you feel a lot of feels.








2. The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)

Sticking with the theme on this one, because apparently it's not true love unless somebody has cancer and dies. Cue ugly cries.







3. The Time Traveler's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger)

Spoiler 1: Someone dies. 
Spoiler 2: But not of cancer this time. Yay! And as an added bonus make your boyfriend or girlfriend watch the movie with you. Now you're both sad. Happy Valentines Day.





4.The Crossfire Series (Sylvia Day)

Are you sick of all the dying books yet? If you want something with a few less feels and some steamy romance this is the series for you. Its basically 50 Shades, but the writing is a bit less cringey. 


5.Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn)

And finally for those of you who are feeling a little bitter this V-Day, a book about a wife framing her husband for murder may be just the thing for you. Please do not actually act on your revenge fantasies.




Happy Valentine's Day!


P.S. Don't forget to Bee Reads Books !

4 comments:

  1. I need to read/watch something by Nicholas Sparks! Like, seriously! Hehe.

    I personally didn't really enjoy TFIOS but I know 99.99% of the people love it so.. :D

    Haha, I need to read Gone Girl as well! I can't believe I haven't read that, either! Honestly, even THINKING about reading Adult has me panicking... so, it may be a while.

    Follower via Bloglovin', follow back?
    ~Fari 0:) @ My Little Corner for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this is the best list EVER. I seriously shot water out of my nose while laughing at "apparently it's not true love unless somebody has cancer and dies" bwhahahahha. So true. So, so true. I am totally feeling bitter, and I am thinking I should have spent the day reading Gone Girl! You have now given me plans for next Valentine's Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite romance books of all time! (Along with Gone with the Wind and Beauty and the Beast). I remember sniveling onto a hanky while reading the latter part, way back when I was fourteen. It was just superb. Although I haven't read Nicholas Sparks' books in years because they are too dramatic, and I just want to enjoy myself. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    Goldie @ My Book Musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH VERY GOOD CHOICES! I just watch Gone Girl and thought it was CRAZY! But being the worst book reviewer..I watched the movie before I read the book. But if the movie was this good, how good will the actual book be?! Awesome post!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...